Check in commences at 10:00 am at our Silver Clipper VIP Lounge where light refreshments and Champagne are served prior to boarding. We board at 10:30 am for the 1 hour 10 minute flight, usually flown at low altitudes. The route takes us past the city skyline, over Port Phillip Bay, through the Heads and on to King Island. On arrival passengers are met by coach and transferred to ‘Boomerang By The Sea’, located near the main town of Currie. Their dining space is situated overlooking the Western coast, with 180 degree views of this astounding vista.
Lunch is buffet style. Seating can be arranged as desired, with the group or individually.
After lunch the coach will take you on a tour of the Currie area and to the King Island Cheese Tasting room and Shop where temptation awaits. We then return to the aircraft for a 4.00 pm departure.
Sample Buffet Style Menu:
- Oysters Natural with our own seafood sauce
- Tasmanian Smoked Salmon
- Prawns (Dependent on availability). Calamari may be served in place of Prawns
- Sweet Chilli Mussels
- Warm Roasted King Island Beef
- Scallop or Roast Potatoes
- Seasonal Vegetables
- Crispy Green Leafed Garden Salad
- King Island Selected Cheese Platter
- Variety of freshly made desserts
- Coffee or Tea
- Return flight on Melbourne's Gooney Bird (DC-3) to King Island
- Complimentary champagne in our lounge before departure, light refreshments in flight
- King Island buffet style lunch at "Boomerang By The Sea".The only additional costs are the drinks consumed on King Island
$549.00 p/p all inclusive.
For Corporate flight prices please contact Julie 03 9379-9299
For further information please download a brochure here.
Experience the view from the cockpit of this classic airliner! Our DC-3 flights give you the special opportunity to ride in the Jump Seat with the pilots for either a take-off or landing. For just $75 you can treat yourself or a friend to an opportunity that won't be forgotten.